Curriculum Development Committee
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of academic programs to meet benchmark standards, the technology development, and the needs of the stakeholders.
- Review and develop curriculum to ensure the quality of the learning outcomes.
- Assist departments in determining programs' academic standards and benchmarks.
- Determine the appropriate assessment methods for programs and curriculum.
- Determine textbooks and references necessary for the academic courses.
- Design new academic programs, degree plans and learning outcomes for new majors to meet the market and society needs.
- Conduct studies to measure learning outcomes and student achievement and progress then analyze the results and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Technical and administrative supervision on the activities of the Curriculum Development Committee.
- Follow-up the implementation of the Curriculum Development Committee decisions after being approved.
- Discuss and approve the course and program specifications and ensure that they meet the national standards.
- Ensure that all academic programs design, degree plans, course and program specifications are aligned with the Saudi National Qualifications Framework.