The undergraduate program "Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ME) Program", in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jubail University College, Saudi Arabia is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is an USA-based organization that accredits college and university programs worldwide in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the ME program will be expected to:
- Apply knowledge and develop skills to work effectively as productive mechanical engineers;
- Work and communicate proficiently in order to develop practical, technically-sound, cost-effective solutions to mechanical engineering problems;
- Enhance self-confidence, ability to make proper decisions, and adherence to professional ethics; and
- Pursue advanced knowledge, research and development, and new technologies in mechanical engineering fields.
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering at JUC shall develop the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering (ABET 'a');
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data (ABET 'b');
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability (ABET 'c');
- Function on multidisciplinary teams (ABET 'd');
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems (ABET 'e');
- Show professional and ethical responsibility (ABET 'f');
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (ABET 'g');
- Recognize broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context (ABET 'h');
- Demonstrate the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning ('ABET 'i');
- Outline knowledge of contemporary issues (ABET 'j');
- Utilize techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice (ABET 'k').