The undergraduate program "Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ME) Program", in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jubail University College, Saudi Arabia is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is an USA-based organization that accredits college and university programs worldwide in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the ME program will be expected to:
- Apply knowledge and develop skills to work effectively as productive mechanical engineers;
- Work and communicate proficiently in order to develop practical, technically-sound, cost-effective solutions to mechanical engineering problems;
- Enhance self-confidence, ability to make proper decisions, and adherence to professional ethic; and
- Pursue advanced knowledge, research and development, and new technologies in mechanical engineering fields
The Mechanical Engineering program will enable students to attain the following Student Outcomes (SOs) by the time of graduation:
Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
and Team work|
Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
and use of engineering tools|
and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Program Goals and Objectives according to NCAAA requirements:
|1. To motivate and retain students in Mechanical Engineering Program|
1. Conduct orientation sessions and interactive meetings to motivate ME students.
2. To graduate Mechanical Engineering students with the essential skills necessary for engineering practice
2. Apply knowledge and develop skills to work effectively as productive mechanical engineers;
3. Work and communicate proficiently in order to
develop practical, technically-sound, cost effective solutions to mechanical engineering problems;
4. Enhance self-confidence, ability to make proper decisions, and adherence to professional ethics; and
5. Pursue advanced knowledge, research and development, and new technologies in mechanical
3. To pursue excellence in teaching, research and development
6. Participate in professional development activities on teaching and learning skills.
7. Encourage faculty members to participate in research and development activities leading to refereed publications in journals and conferences.
4. To engage in community service activities
8. Participate in community service to promote Mechanical
Engineering program among the stakeholders.