The goals of the Department of English Language are:
- To prepare students to master the linguistic, technological, and scientific aspects of different areas in the English Language program depending on ‘the field of training’ students choose.
- To support the learning process by providing environments where teaching, research, training, and practice complement each other.
- To equip students with good knowledge and skills to enable them to pursue their postgraduate studies in Linguistics, translation, literature, and teaching English as a foreign language.
- To help students develop critical thinking in all subjects and foster a positive attitude towards professional development, further studying, and lifelong learning.
The aims of the Department of English Language are:
- To qualify students to master the linguistic, technological, and scientific aspects of translation, Linguistics, literature, and teaching.
- To meet the needs of the region in the field of translation, teaching, Linguistics, and English literature.
- To train students as bilingual translators, English language teachers, and train them in Linguistics and English literature.
- To bridge the gap between Jubail University College and social, business, and industrial communities by fostering field training where students are given opportunities to adapt and apply their knowledge and skills in real and practical working place.
- To acquaint students with conceptual approaches to various fields available in the English language program.
- To help students develop the ability to learn and contribute critically.
Recent Department Offerings
- Various courses to industry and community in English as a foreign language.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language.
Future Department Offerings
- Bachelor of Arts in Translation
- Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics (TEFL)
Four computer laboratories in each campus, equipped with headphones and microphones, are accessible to students to use as:
- Computer-assisted Language Learning laboratories with many software programs on learning different skills of English language, and
- Computer-assisted Translation laboratories with the proper software.