Produce high quality Civil Engineering graduates
Encourage scientific research with partnership and collaboration
Achieve sustainable improved growth of academic performance
Contribute to the society to fulfil the needs of local communities
The objectives of Civil Engineering Department are:
- Graduates will be prepared with a proficiency in mathematics, sciences, and technical skills needed to analyze and design civil engineering systems.
- Graduates should be able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Increase the number of published scientific papers and/or scientific reports in national and international journals.
- Develop the research facilities and encourage local and global collaboration in the field of scientific research.
- Improve department facilities/resources to achieve the best academic quality and standards.
- Sustain improved quality assurance systems to monitor academic and administrative standards of the department
- Graduates will be familiar with current and emerging civil engineering and global issues, and have an understanding of ethical and societal responsibilities.
- Increase participation in community service activities (field visits, presentations, and educational brochures) to establish ties with the local community.
Current Department Offerings
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Possible Future Offerings
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Aided Structural Engineering
Special short term courses offered by department for community services:
teaching and learning in the department are going to be supported with computer
softwares and well equipped laboratories given below.
Water Resources Engineering Lab
Structural Mechanics Lab
Structural Materials Lab
Geotechnical Engineering Lab
Environmental Engineering Lab
Transportation Engineering Lab