Bachelor of Science in Logistic and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
To be recognized as a leading program in the region, developing competent logistics and supply chain management graduates who cater for the regional and global needs.
To provide students with the Logistics and Supply Chain Management knowledge and research skills necessary to meet challenges of a sustainable business environment..
The LSCM Program objectives are to:
- Employ contemporary knowledge of logistics and supply chain management to examine business problems and opportunities and to construct innovative solutions to business problems.
- Utilize relevant interpersonal skills to engage in a variety of leadership roles and to analyze and resolve problems, display constructive team interactions, and communicate effectively.
- Show ability of self-education, acquisition of transferrable skills for employment and continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of information technologies and its application in business.
On successful completion of the program graduates should be able to:
- Describe theories, concepts and principles in contemporary logistics and supply chain management.
- Define approaches and methods for development, operation and support of business logistics and supply chain management systems.
- Evaluate the physical structure and information requirements appropriate to typical logistics flows and supply chains.
- Construct conceptual models for physical and information flows to manage the day-to-day operations, strategic logistics and supply chains.
- Apply subject specific knowledge, understandings and skills in resolving logistics and supply chain problems.
- Employ critical-thinking skills and research in areas of logistics and supply chain management.
- Show an understanding and appreciation of the ethical and legal implications of decisions.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholders and partners.
- Display commitment to lifelong learning and continued professional development.
- Use computer applications and technology to design and manage logistics and supply chain management operations.
Graduates of this program can pursue career opportunities in a range of fields including:
|2.||Inventory control||10.||Contracts Management and Pricing|
|4.||Supplier Relations Management||12.||Consumer Services Management|
|6.||Supply Chain Analysis||14.||Commodity management|
A. Approved jobs from Ministry of Labor:
|SN||Job titles (English)||9||Trading agent|
|1||Manager, sales||10||Sales representative|
|2||Manager, purchases||11||Purchasing representative|
|3||Manager, transportation||12||Wholesale supervisor|
|4||Manager, warehouses||13||Shipping risks insurance, broker|
|5||Operations analyst||14||Air cargo transport broker|
|6||Store keeper||15||Customs clearance broker|
|7||Goods receiving clerk||16||Operations analyst|
|8||Customs clearance clerk||17||Manager, operations|
B. Approved jobs from Ministry of Civil Service:
|SN||Job titles (English)||9||Warehouse secretary|
|1||Supplies Inspector||10||Income prospector assistant|
|2||Income controller||11||Income/revenue receiver|
|3||Inventory prospector||12||Purchasing officer|
|4||Customs Checker||13||Purchasing auditor|
|5||Customs prospector||14||Tenders auditor|
|6||Port officer||15||Sales & Marketing Assistant|
|7||Warehouse Records/document officer||16||Sales Officer|
|8||Stock prospector assistant||17||Supplies prospector assistant|